The Minutes of the June 2014 meeting were approved.
Don Kasper gave the Treasurer’s Report:
- We currently have 123 members and a balance of $714.31in the treasury.
- The only additional projected expenses are $160 for flowers and bagpiper for the annual Crystal Cup memorial service in September.
- Projected year-end balance is $551.31
TIP OF THE DAY:
Kenny Evenson’s tip of the day was to
accelerate the club through the sand when playing out of greenside bunkers. And when feasible, don’t forget about using the putter from the sand.
NEWS FROM THE COURSE:
Vice-President Frank Beaty updated the current status of the golf course.
- The new practice putting green at the driving range is ready for the grass sprigs to be added. The green should be ready in 2 to 3 months. The course will also be putting in new irrigation around all of the putting greens on the course.
- There will be another voluntary work day scheduled when the weather is cooler. More details to come.
The July tournament will be held at Mount Vintage on July 21. Details on the website.
The August tournament will be held on August 7 at Forest Hills. This is prior to our next meeting. Details also on the website.
The MGACC Match Play Tournament will held on November 14-16, 2014. Limit is 32 players.
NEW BUSINESS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
The Crystal Cup will be held again this year on September 19 at Cedar Creek.
The MGA’s annual 3-day tournament will be held on September 15, 17 and 19. Details are on the MGA website.
The Annual Cedar Creek Club Championship will be held on August 16 and 17
e annual Sammie Hawkins Tournament will be held in October, with a date to be announced.
The Aiken City Championship will be held at the Aiken Golf Club on the first weekend in September.
Bob Kistler requested that we explore reinstating the Bubba Tournament in December.
Bill Todd requested that we investigate whether bare spots on fairways be designated ground under repair.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:35 pm.